Friday, January 1, 2010

The Claims of Place


I couldn't get into the New Year's resolution thing with my friends last night. I kept feeling I was in a fragile state that shouldn't be tampered with. It had something to do with letting a mode of being fall away, feeling my way into doing things differently. Being claimed by a place.We started coming to Ojai in 2004, the beginning of a major transition. Today, the first day of the calendar year of 2010, I am here. With no external help, I woke up in time to see first the moon and then the edges of the sunrise, that's how I knew I was finally here. My intention for this blog is to explore the claims of place and to witness the changes that occur as I submit to this claim. The idea of being earthbound has come up in this context, being bound to the earth as tied to it as well as bound in the sense of traveling toward. It is a simultaneous sense of being both here and on my way here. Like many people I am aware of living a transition that is both personal and more than personal. I am reading lots of stuff in ecopsychology, permaculture, energy and seeing images in dreams and in my art and receiving intuitions about this. Feeling my way into a new space. I seek to share this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment